29 October 2010 - RE-OPENING

Some of these albums were posted in parallel with Countess Vanessa's Castle, I know it's a bit confusing for everyone - me included - but sometimes a sprinkle of madness doesn't disturb... does it?


Your COUNTESS

WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN MY OTHER BLOGS?

JUMP TO - - >> COUNTESS VANESSA's LINKS
(My PILOT Main Blog)

JUMP TO - - >> PUSSYNBOOTLEGS
(Acid-Pop-Rock-Prog-Psyk-Avantgarde-Jazz-Electro-Underground)

JUMP TO - - >>> DIARY
(Memoranda and iconographical memorabilia for never-surrendering vynil hooligans)




Saturday 23 January 2010

PETER HAMMILL - Folk Anthology (home-made for 2 virtual CDs)

From FRANZ:
Can we give the title "folk" to this home-made collection of songs?  In my opinion, yes.
For those of you who are bold enough, and for those who don't have prejudices and won't ever fall prey of them: give a chance to this "side" of Peter Hammill.  His albums are not really 100% "folky", but on each of them there's always 1 or 2 cameo songs that you would happily name as folky. The songs are really high classed, melodies often weird, strange harmonies, exstended mastery of the voice, and a lot of emotions and love inside.  I had to exclude so many of him, I should have made a 3rd CD!
But explanations are useless in this case.
I made this 2 CD compilation for myself, about 10 years ago, so that I could have the songs with me on my MP3 players, this means that unfortunately there are quite low bit rates, at times (even to 96), and I'm sorry for that.  For the moment, let's imagine this as an experiment.
Anyway, I will have to rework completely this 'Best of' one day, because still so many songs come directly from half-cleaned vinyl LPs, while today I have all Hammill's discography on CDs.
Just consider that in any case you have nothing to lose.
Songs like Vision, Don't tell me, Ophelia, Solitude, The lie, Four pails, etc will blow you out of mind. And at the end, the great funny "Polaroid", not issude on the UK album edition - You CAN'T miss this!
For those who don't know Hammill at all, I wish you a happy time for your discovery.


for both, the PW is:
23983490350940450938349783487


FOR THOSE IN A HURRY, HERE'S A FUNNY ONE BY HIM, DON'T MISS IT:
PETER HAMMILL - Polaroid
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tgw6q4
Me holidays on the Southern Sands,
trying to get some fun by way of one night stands...
I clocked this girl, thought l'd give her the chat -
one of them Swedish blonde types, and l've always fancied that.
I showed her me Polaroid.
She said "I like it, will you please take my picture?"
I say "Right then", thinking this is gonna be me lucky day.
She whips off her bikini top and I think "OK!"
I say "It only takes a minute for this thing to develop."
She says "I'd better push off now or me feller'll be jealous."
Just then I felt a hand on me collar, and it was a Boy in Blue.
He says "You can't take nude photographs on this beach,"
and "I'm arresting you." I protested me innocence,
but it was no use, the picture was forming;
he gave me the official warning that day.
He'd seen me Polaroid, so what could I say?
I got me Polaroid She got away.
I looked around, but she'd disappeared,
I say "You don't understand, this was all her idea"
but the copper says "Don't worry son, I get the picture OK."
He took me Polaroid and I got ten days.

Cheers, Franz

No comments:

Post a Comment