29 October 2010 - RE-OPENING

Some of these albums were posted in parallel with Countess Vanessa's Castle, I know it's a bit confusing for everyone - me included - but sometimes a sprinkle of madness doesn't disturb... does it?


Your COUNTESS

WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN MY OTHER BLOGS?

JUMP TO - - >> COUNTESS VANESSA's LINKS
(My PILOT Main Blog)

JUMP TO - - >> PUSSYNBOOTLEGS
(Acid-Pop-Rock-Prog-Psyk-Avantgarde-Jazz-Electro-Underground)

JUMP TO - - >>> DIARY
(Memoranda and iconographical memorabilia for never-surrendering vynil hooligans)




Saturday 23 January 2010

(Nothing) NEWS for my FRIENDS

Dear Friends,
as usual, I'll be away again for work till the 23rd of January, and won't be often online.
I leave you in company of what I've managed to pack and send during these latest days of holidays...  There are of course many more things already scanned, but they're not yet on the servers, and so... For Vashti Bunyan and further things, although I have already all files ready by me, you will need to wait till the next shipping, because I still have to scan-clean-edit-pack-prepare them etc and uploading them is always the longest procedure. But you're all ensured to be repaid for your patience, afterwards!
You have some new pics to view in my gallery, so feel free to tell me what LPs you prefer to hear first.
Remember to send me your comments
(POSITIVE ones, of course!!!!!)
so your Countess will be happy :-)

SOME OF THE NEXT ALBUMS:

TRANQUILITY - same (Epic, 1972)



BLOODWOOD - Man made music
fabulous fabulous !!!

FOLKLÄNDER - requested


JOHNSTONS - requested

DAVE COUSINS - his first, don't miss it!

*************************
About Michael Chapman....



...Michael Chapman, as I have written somewhere, is an author that I like very little, not even his first 2 LPs sound to me very interesting. Albums like "Window" (1972) aren't something more than a light and monotonous  rock, inconsistent guitar riffs, sentences and chords repeated 1000 times, beginner-level strummed guitar solos, etc.,  but because of the Harvest label, look at all those sheep-collectors a-hunting!!!
Anyway, "Window" will appear here soon, coz the CD reissue has a different mix.
By me, as a steady rule, you find always and only the originals.
"Millstone grit" (Deram, 1973) is instead an album with something valuable, notably side A, with this lovely "Firewater dreams."
After this, only the LP "Pleasure of the streets" (1974, live), for me, has something to offer.
Anyway, the Chapman LPs will appear soon here because (as some of you told me) they seem to be nowhere else and coz they were requested by someone in Folk Impossible. That's why  :-))
Your COUNTESS

No comments:

Post a Comment