29 October 2010 - RE-OPENING

Some of these albums were posted in parallel with Countess Vanessa's Castle, I know it's a bit confusing for everyone - me included - but sometimes a sprinkle of madness doesn't disturb... does it?


Your COUNTESS

WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN MY OTHER BLOGS?

JUMP TO - - >> COUNTESS VANESSA's LINKS
(My PILOT Main Blog)

JUMP TO - - >> PUSSYNBOOTLEGS
(Acid-Pop-Rock-Prog-Psyk-Avantgarde-Jazz-Electro-Underground)

JUMP TO - - >>> DIARY
(Memoranda and iconographical memorabilia for never-surrendering vynil hooligans)




Saturday 30 January 2010

HALLIARD - Three titles (1967-1968)

An album (and its re-issue) that carries with itself lots of poisons and controversies, see comments in other blogs and you'll understand what I mean.  Out of the trolls' candid cameras, and faraway from the enemies of Music.

***********************************
IMPORTANT:
Our Friend Donna points out that this version is not complete, and I also agree that she's right. What I will do here is simply posting things that I managed to gather from various sources, as I have no real vynil LPs of this group. So, next week you'll see also the Halliard's other 2 works. Some CD publications offer reissues of already-released songs, therefore this will prevent the Halliard discography confusion to be finally resolved. It also took me some time for posting this stuff because I was looking for other possible higher-bitrate scans (which I didn't find).
Deep THANKS also to the precious help of my Friend Manila!

*****************************************

APPENDIX
AN ATTEMPT OF GENERAL DISCOGRAPHY
 HALLIARD, JON RAVEN, etc...
(the Nic Jones' discography is not included)

BLACK COUNTRY THREE - Black Country Three (Transatlantic, 1966 / TRA 140)
HALLIARD - I't s the Irish in me (Saga, 1967 / SOC 1058)
HALLIARD - The Halliard and Jon Raven (Broadside, 1968 / BRO 106)
JON RAVEN - Harvest (Broadside, 1970/ BRO 112)
JON RAVEN, MIKE RAVEN, JEAN WARD - Kate of Coalbrookdale (Argo, 1971 / ZFB 29)
SAGA - same (Westwood, 1972 / WRS 017)
SAGA - Sweet Peg O'Derby (Westwood, 1973 / WRS 036)
JON RAVEN, NIC JONES, TONY ROSE - Songs of a changing world (Trailer, 1973 / LER 2083)
MIKE RAVEN & JOAN MILLS with Saga - The Jolly Machine (Folk Heritage Records, 1974/ FHR 053)
JON RAVEN, JOHN KIRKPATRICK, SUE HARRIS - The English canals (Broadside, 1976 / BRO 118)
MIKE RAVEN - same (label...?, 1977)

This is enough material for collectors :-)
The hunt is up!
Your COUNTESS

No comments:

Post a Comment