29 October 2010 - RE-OPENING

Some of these albums were posted in parallel with Countess Vanessa's Castle, I know it's a bit confusing for everyone - me included - but sometimes a sprinkle of madness doesn't disturb... does it?


Your COUNTESS

WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN MY OTHER BLOGS?

JUMP TO - - >> COUNTESS VANESSA's LINKS
(My PILOT Main Blog)

JUMP TO - - >> PUSSYNBOOTLEGS
(Acid-Pop-Rock-Prog-Psyk-Avantgarde-Jazz-Electro-Underground)

JUMP TO - - >>> DIARY
(Memoranda and iconographical memorabilia for never-surrendering vynil hooligans)




Saturday 30 January 2010

DAVE AND TONI ARTHUR - Hearken to the witches rune (Trailer, 1970)

An LP I don't love much,
but requested by Donna, therefore.... 
...how can one say no? :-)))
What I particularly don't like here is the poor quality of Dave Arthur's singing, especially if compared to Toni's high classed voice and control of the vocal instrument.
Even some counterpoints, which in the intentions would have been of refined construction,
fail in the concrete realization, and that's a shame.
KISS
the COUNTESS

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. I agree it's not everyone's 'cup of tea' but I really do love this album - it's so atmospheric. And I'm surprised at you, Countess. With your 'masquerades and light witchcraft' I would have thought this was totally your kind of thing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughing* The great Manila! What would we do without him? BTW, do you maybe have the first 2 LPs of them, there's a reissue, both on one CD...
    Kiss, the Sinister Countess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have them, I'm sorry. But if anyone else does I'd be so pleased! xxx

    ReplyDelete