29 October 2010 - RE-OPENING

Some of these albums were posted in parallel with Countess Vanessa's Castle, I know it's a bit confusing for everyone - me included - but sometimes a sprinkle of madness doesn't disturb... does it?


Your COUNTESS

WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN MY OTHER BLOGS?

JUMP TO - - >> COUNTESS VANESSA's LINKS
(My PILOT Main Blog)

JUMP TO - - >> PUSSYNBOOTLEGS
(Acid-Pop-Rock-Prog-Psyk-Avantgarde-Jazz-Electro-Underground)

JUMP TO - - >>> DIARY
(Memoranda and iconographical memorabilia for never-surrendering vynil hooligans)




Friday 26 February 2010

JOHNSTONS - Bitter green (Transatlantic, 1970)

Recently Transatlantic Records (or whoever for them) has decided to make some "2 LPs on 1 CD" reprints.  I don't have any of them, but I gave a look online, and I see that for some Artists, and especially for the  Johnstons, reissues are not completely faithful to the originals...
This is not only a matter of being collectors, it's a problem of deleting materials making people believe in fatamorganas... Once more, I'm happy that I can stick to my glorious big pads of black plastic, what would I do without them?  
This (vinyl) album, "Bitter Green" presents two tracks more than the CD reissue.
They are maldestrously "substituted" with a version of "Streets of London", which appeared as an A-side single in 1970 for the Big T label.


Your COUNTESS

No comments:

Post a Comment